General Technical Information
- How to calculate heat losses and enclosure size for SCR Power Controls
To Calculate the minimum enclosure size and cooling requirements for SCR Power Controls: SCR Heat Lo
- I am having trouble with my control. What informaton is helpful for you to assist with the problem?
We would need more information about your control and process to give you specific help. What
- Can I Use Type K thermocouple wires (extension) for an E type thermocouple? What aspects need to be considered for this different type of the thermocouple vs extension wire connection?
You should always use thermocouple wire or thermocouple extension wire that matches the type o
- How do I wire a 4 wire RTD to a 3 wire input on a control?
You can connect a 4 wire RTD to a 3 wire instrument. Just use 3 of the wires. Generally
- What is the output of a thermocouple?
Thermocouple output is a small voltage (mV) that relates to the temperature difference between the s
- How to connect a 3-wire RTD to a 4-wire input?
The compensation leads on a RTD are used to measure and compensate for the lead resistance. (3) Wire
- Do I need to use terminal blocks that are made of the same alloys as the thermocouples?
The introduction of an additional alloy such as a terminal or terminal block will not introduce an e
- How far can I run my thermocouples?
Very long thermocouple runs are possible as long as certain precautions are followed.Most instrument
- What is PID and where can I find additional information?
ISE PID Technical Reference
- Where can I find additional information covering thermocouples
ISE Thermocouple Technical Reference