Calibration of MP Control on a Variac System (Models with Display)
Single Channel Monitoring (MPAxT):
1) Connect a Voltmeter (standard) with an uncertainty of less than +/- 0.2 VAC across the monitored output (Phase A on multi-phase units).
2) Power the system. On variable output units set the output voltage to 80% or higher of the maximum output voltage.
3) Allow 20 minute warm up time.
4) Adjust R43 on the main controller board until the control display MP Phase A matches the voltmeter (standard) +/- 1 VAC.
5) Remove power from the system and disconnect the voltmeter (standard).
Multi Channel Monitoring:
MP controllers optionally include more than one monitored channels. MPBxT monitors (2) channels, MPCxT monitors (3) channels. To calibrate these additional channels if present, follow procedure shown above moving the voltmeter (standard) to the other monitored channel(s).
Adjust Phase B display using R35 (Located on the option board)
Adjust Phase C display using R59 (Located on the option board)